CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, February 16, 2009

all in a days work...

Today. There was nothing different about today than any other day that goes on in my life. Of course the campus wasn't closed for presidents day, I am still sick with a wicked cold, my roommate sucks, and I didn't do my homework. But something changed.


After doping myself up on Robitussin (3/4 of the bottle to be precise) I then went to Geography, and almost fell asleep. Which would have been okay, except for the meaning of "personal bubble" doesn't apply in that class, I know this because my ass/thigh touches the person who is next to me on both sides. Anywho, I almost got into an accident, because... I almost fell asleep while pulling out of the parking lot. I made it to CVS where I eventually found the cold remedies isle, where I picked up "CVS pharmacy Multi-Symptom Cold Relief -pain reliever/fever reducer/nasal decongestant/cough supressant/ antihistamine. (and this is the best part) for DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME." lol.


So I got back to my apartment and took a few (the recommended dose of course!) and something astonishing happened.... I actually finished my project that was going to be due today at 5pm. I finished it. That really surprised me because 1st of all... I was all doped up. But it turned out REALLY good.
I actually just took one of those nighttime ones right now... haha.
I just feel.... good. lol.


So tomorrow I have an "undeclared freshman student meeting" FUCK that. First of all, I'm a junior, not a freshman, so kill me that I can't declare my major because those bastards wont accept my portfolio. Sorry, this school where I give all my money to pisses me off. It is mandatory, I just want to tell them, "look, i've been trying for the past 2 semesters to get into a damn major get off my back"


I am actually really upset that my school doesn't have an art history major or minor. I love art history, I think that is what I want to do. Besides teaching art of course. There are so many meanings in artwork that if you don't know what is happening you could really miss out on something important, and really amusing and interesting.


Like this painting from the Rococo period, called "The Swing" I forget who it is by right now, but it is an amazing painting. What you see is, a woman swinging on a swing, getting pushed by her husband, but lurking in the forground by the bushes is her lover. The best part about the painting (and you would have to know the history of the time) is that women back then didn't wear underwear. So her husband is unknowingly pushing his wife on a swing, so she can reveal herself to her lover who is lurking in the bushes infront of her.


Classic.


The roomate (the one I can't stand) is turning 21, today. I said happy birthday, and I'm good now for the rest of the week. lol.


I'm feeling a little sleepy now. I will post more this week, probably in a few hours from now because this place is so boring. Gotta love the Amish though, on highways. :)

0 comments: